Summer’s here, and we’re gearing up for a busy wedding season ahead! Whether it’s a beautiful beach wedding or a stunning destination location, we’re ready to capture all the magic. Check out our must-read guide for destination wedding photography below, filled with tips and inspiration to help you prepare for your big day from your fellow destination wedding photographer!
1. Booking Early
Are you planning a destination wedding? Remember to book your photographer early to secure availability on your big day!
We recommend booking your destination wedding photographer at least a year in advance to have plenty of time to discuss details and must-have shots. Our team takes destination weddings seriously and will capture all the special moments to make your dream destination wedding come true.
Contact us today to check availability and start planning your perfect destination wedding!
2. Seasons & Time of Year
Ensure a perfect wedding day by selecting a venue with mild weather conditions throughout the year. Check the forecast to avoid extreme temperatures or rain that could spoil the day. The months between May and September are perfect for travel and offer the best opportunity for beautiful and unforgettable wedding photos.
When booking a destination wedding, it’s important to find reliable vendors. Not only will they help turn your destination wedding photos into that Pinterest board you admire, but will also make sure your destination wedding experience is as smooth as possible. Check with local vendors to see if they are available to travel internationally.
4. Tips for Sticking to Your Destination Wedding Budget
Planning ahead and sticking to a budget is crucial when it comes to a destination wedding. Here are some tips:
- Plan Ahead: make a comprehensive list of expenses and prioritize what is most important to you. This will help you allocate your funds accordingly.
- Share Expenses with Guests (optional): consider your budget and your guests’ financial situations before deciding whether to split the cost of accommodations and travel tickets.
- Consider a Smaller Wedding Having: a smaller wedding can allow you to pay more attention to details and décor, resulting in magical wedding photos. Plus, it can mean less money spent on food and drinks.
Remember, prioritize what’s important to you and your partner. With careful planning and budgeting, you can have the destination wedding of your dreams without breaking the bank.
5. Picking the Right Outfit
When it comes to destination wedding photography, picking the right outfit is key. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Inform Your Guests: Let your guests know about the weather and accommodations at your destination so that they can dress accordingly. This will also help you in deciding on your wedding dress.
- Consider the Environment: When picking your wedding dress, keep in mind the environment of your destination. A light and simple dress will look great against a beach backdrop, while a ball gown may not be as practical.
Remember, the most important thing is to choose an outfit that makes you feel comfortable and confident. With the right outfit and setting, your destination wedding photos will be absolutely breathtaking.
We hope you found this guide helpful in planning your dream wedding! To get a better sense of our style and expertise, here are some of our favorite photos from our most recent destination weddings. We’ve captured moments all over the world, from the beautiful landscapes of Italy and France to the breathtaking beaches of St. Lucia. Let these photos inspire you to make your dream destination wedding a reality.
Here are some blogs on some of our favourite destination weddings to get you inspired!