It’s done! Thanks so much for booking us to be your wedding photographer. No, really, thanks! Choosing your wedding photographer is one of the most important steps in planning your dream wedding and without amazing clients like you, we wouldn’t be able to do what we do! Our couples often ask us “What’s Next?” as they sign their Mango contract and are ready to embark on their wedding planning process. Well, in order to make the whole journey as simple and fun as possible, we make sure to streamline your Mango experience so YOU could get the absolute BEST out of it. The info in this blog post will explain everything from A to Z and is as easy as A-B-C so keep this guide in a safe and handy place 😉
Here’s your Mango step-by-step wedding photography guide:
- Familiarize Yourself with the Mango Workflow:
From the moment you step into our studio to your final wedding photography reveal, you will be guided by our diligent team of client services reps who will be there every step of the way. They are your first point of contact and will do anything in their power to make the whole experience as flawless as your wedding photos! Check out some of our blog posts that introduce you to that talented team here and here. They will introduce you to the Mango Workflow that is as easy as A-B-C. You’ll also have your own personalized web portal with your wedding package information. This website keeps track of your wedding day, billing and order status info. Staying on top of your wedding photography game has never been so easy.
- Meet Your Mango Wedding Photographer:
We always recommend meeting your wedding photographer face-to-face at least once before the wedding. It helps to build rapport and familiarize yourself with the person who is going to spend their entire day photographing your wedding. Visit our beautiful studio and discuss your wedding plans over a cup of Mango’s signature tea and cookies. You can also play a game of ping pong and see first hand how many ping pong balls Bernie The Boston Terrier will manage to pop.
- Schedule a Lifestyle Session:
AKA Engagement photos. There are so many reasons to why you should have one before your wedding day. Check out our blog post here where I discuss it in more details. Top this things to consider:
- Discuss a location with your photographer that you will feel really comfortable in.
- Wear complimentary clothing and try to stay away from busy patterns and logos. For women, try wearing flowy clothing and soft tones. Bring some fun props to help tell your story – your cute pets, your dusty old polaroid camera, etc.
- We love the sun. If the weather calls for rain we’ll book another day for the shoot.
- Send us some pictures of your living space. This will help us get an idea of what you’re all about and match any prints and frames to your decor. We shoot for design!
- Finalize Your Wedding Day Timeline:
Timeline, timeline, timeline. I can’t stress enough how important sticking to a wedding day timeline is. Feel free to tap our photographers’ brains on how to settle on a schedule that is RIGHT for you. No wedding is the same, so your wedding day schedule will always be unique. It will depend on your wedding venue and how far you’re getting ready locations are. The size of your bridal party and family group photos are also big factors. When talking to your wedding photographer, make sure you give all the information (even the smallest details) that will help us design your wedding schedule properly. From our experience these are the rules of thumb to keep in mind:
- Allocate at least 1 hour for bride and groom getting ready photos each. This will help tell a full and comprehensive story of your happiest day that includes a nice mix of candid photos as well as editorial style portraiture.
- Allocate at least 1 hour for couple’s photos without the bridal party. We are often asked how much time you should allocate for creative photos, and our answer is always as much as possible! 1 to 2 hours is usually enough to create flawless and unique wedding day portraits. Take this time to enjoy your newly-found status as a bride and groom!
- Allocate at least 1 hour for family photos. It’s usually best to schedule them right after the ceremony or just before the reception. This way it’s easier to gather everyone in one spot and make sure they pay attention to the camera! People will want to congratulate you as they’re excited, so 1 hour is usually enough to produce great family photos and make sure everyone gets their much-deserved one on one time with you.
- Enjoy Your Wedding!
And the final step is to kick back and enjoy your wedding day to the fullest! It’s always rewarding to see all the planning come to fruition. The wedding day, as magical and thrilling as it is, will pass by so quickly! My biggest piece of advice for brides in the morning is to not stress every detail and let your planners and photographers take care of the details. After all, this is why you’re working with us in the first place! You’re in the best hands in town, so be a bride and simply live your wedding day to the fullest!
Once the wedding day is over, we will invite you to your photo reveal at our studio which is essentially another great excuse for your family to get together and relive the magic. The Mango design team takes over here, and helps you create beautiful books and printed artwork. There’s nothing more satisfying than flipping through your wedding album pages and having a tangible token of your special day. We love making our signature Editorial books and Coffee Table wedding albums and we think we make the best ones in the business! Contact us here to inquire about our wedding albums and prints. At this point you will be hooked up with our team of designers to come up with your custom art piece.
That’s it! Of course, your Mango experience doesn’t end here. On the contrary, it’s just the beginning! We love seeing our couples return for their anniversary and newborn shoots. We love photographing their families over the Holidays and creating printed pieces for every new addition to the family, big or small. After all, “They Lived Happily Ever After” starts when your wedding day ends, and we’ll be there capturing your every happy moment.